Autopsy finds rapper Mac Miller died from drugs and alcohol

Autopsy finds rapper Mac Miller died from drugs and alcohol

Autopsy finds rapper Mac Miller died from drugs and alcohol

Miller was found unresponsive at his San Fernando Valley home on September 7, and in a toxicology report released Monday the coroner's office said he had ingested fentanyl, cocaine and alcohol.

Malcolm James McCormick, the chart-topping rapper known as Mac Miller, had fentanyl, cocaine and ethanol in his system at the time of death on September 7, according to Los Angeles County's Department of Medical Examiner-Coroner.

The autopsy was performed three days after Mr. Miller's death, but the cause of death was deferred while toxicology tests were performed. "It was later determined McCormick died from mixed drug toxicity (fentanyl, cocaine and ethanol)". "The manner of death was certified as an accident", a spokesperson for the medical examiner told Radar in a statement. Inside the master bedroom, a bottle of prescription medication prescribed to the decedent was noted. Drugs were found on Miller's person and around his home; a substance described as "white" and "powdery" was found in a small bag on a table of his studio, while a bag containing more of the white powdery substance, as well as "multiple loose pills", was found inside one of his coats, according to the report. The Los Angeles police officials had quickly determined that there were no signs of foul play and turned the investigation over to coroner's officials.

If you or someone you know is struggling with addiction, please call the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration's 24/7 National Helpline at 1-800-662-HELP. "I used to rap super openly about really dark s-", he told Vulture in a profile that published on Thursday. That's fine, that's good, that's life. "I am not a babysitter or a mother and no woman should feel that they need to be", she wrote on Twitter.

Miller's ex-girlfriend, Ariana Grande, took the news of his death hard.

Related news