Elon Musk shares video of 'kid-size' submarine for Thai cave rescue

Elon Musk shares video of 'kid-size' submarine for Thai cave rescue

Elon Musk shares video of 'kid-size' submarine for Thai cave rescue

Scuba divers in Thailand have already rescued four of the 12 boys who have been stranded, along with their coach, in a flooded cave. However, they ended up starting the rescue effort a few hours earlier than planned on Monday.

That sense of accomplishment was also reflected in the message posted Monday night on the Thai Navy SEALS's Facebook page announcing the latest rescues. They were found alive last week by divers.

The rescued boys were taken by helicopter to Chiang Rai hospital.

Authorities have said extracting the entire team from the cave could take up to four days.

Rescuers have been navigating a unsafe and complicated plan to get the children out under the threat of heavy rain and rising water underground.

Elon Musk, the billionaire inventor and SpaceX founder, has shared the first videos of a kid-sized submarine created to rescue the Thai soccer tea now trapped in a cave.

Relatively little information is available on the condition of the rescued boys, who are being kept in isolation in hospital until they have been cleared to leave.

The global effort to save the group has paired divers in "buddy teams" with the remaining eight boys and their coach.

The operation on Monday went more smoothly than on Sunday and took two hours less as the practice became more refined, he said.

The operation proceeded much faster than expected due to the walkable water level in the cave after it was launched at 10am local time on Sunday.

Four of the 12 boys were rescued in the first phase of the operation.

There was no word on the condition of any of the people brought out on Monday.

Four were rescued over the weekend.

The boys wore full diving face masks as a team of diving experts guided them along a 4.7-kilometer (2.9-mile) route out of the cave complex.

Acting Chiang Rai Gov. Narongsak Osottanakorn said the boys were "conscious and safe" and that the operation went smoothly.

After reaching the area where the boys were trapped, the divers used a rope, which was connected to the outside of the cave, to guide them through the exit way.

"We have not been told which child has been brought out".

Officials have said storms forecast for the province had factored into their decision to go ahead with a complicated and risky plan to have the boys and their coach dive out of the cave.

"We have more operating personnel, and we have more expertise than yesterday", Narongsak said.

He's one of a group of divers whose job is to transport air tanks into the tunnels for the SEAL teams. Soldiers, medics, engineers and volunteers in yellow shirts milled around but the mood was relaxed. Doctors were being cautious because of the infection risk and were isolating the boys in the hospital. I can not order them around.

The cave complex is off-limits during the rainy season, which usually runs from May to October, when downpours can quickly flood it.

The fate of the boys and their coach has gripped Thailand and drawn worldwide media attention. The incident has drawn worldwide attention, with Federation Internationale de Football Association inviting the boys to the World Cup final in Moscow on July 15 if they make it out in time.

Related news