New rumors suggest cheaper iPads and MacBooks are coming this year

New rumors suggest cheaper iPads and MacBooks are coming this year

New rumors suggest cheaper iPads and MacBooks are coming this year

The Digitimes report also points to Apple refreshing its iPad line in the second quarter and releasing a new iPad Pro during the latter part of 2018. A trusted and reliable source has confirmed that Apple is planning to launch the cheapest Macbook Air later this year. It seems the company was looking to lower costs by seeking panels from a Chinese supplier, but issues resulted in the brand going to LG Display instead. It would have a 13.3 inch display with 2560x1600 pixels resolution like the MacBook Pro.

As far as pricing is concerned, the upcoming product is expected to come at around the same price range of the current MacBook Air, which is listed at $999. Essentially, Apple is preparing a MacBook with a Retina display (which has been an seen on MacBook Pros until now) at the price of MacBook Air.

LG Display will begin supplying the panel in April with the new MacBook scheduled to enter mass production at the end of May or the beginning of June. The low price of the Apple will help it to boost its sale. Now, a new report by DigiTimes has revealed a few more details about Apple's plans of releasing the new affordable MacBook. Talking about the assembly of the upcoming MacBook, 70% will be assembled by Quanta Computer while the remaining 30% will be assembled by Foxconn. Last year, Apple announced a MacBook Air model, but that arrived with a slight clock speed increase, instead of a drastic hardware upgrade.

Separately, KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo earlier this month expects that Apple will launch a cheaper variant of the 13-inch MacBook Air along with three much-talked about iPhone models this year. The release of the product is expected at the end of the second quarter of 2018. We can expect a new iPad Pro this year, with a new bezel design, and the home button removed in favour of Face ID.

Related news