Sunjwan attack updates: Soldier, injured in Jammu terror attack, dies

Sunjwan attack updates: Soldier, injured in Jammu terror attack, dies

Sunjwan attack updates: Soldier, injured in Jammu terror attack, dies

The Sunjuwan military station had been attacked once earlier on June 28, 2003 when two Lashkar-e-Toiba suicide attackers stormed the camp killing 12 soldiers and injuring seven others. The six injured included army wives and daughters.

In Kashmir, security forces have sealed nearly all the entry and exit points of Srinagar, when Jaish-e-Mohammed militants struck the Sunjuwan military station at around 4.45 am on Saturday.

"Two Junior Commissioned Officers (JCOs) have been killed and six others injured in Jammu militant attack", a senior minister Abdul Rehman Veeri told lawmakers inside the state's parliament.

The deceased army men have been identified as Subedar Madam Lal Choudhary and Subedar Mohammed Ashraf Mir.

S.D. Singh Jamwal, the inspector general of police in Jammu, said that at about 4:55 a.m., a guard noticed suspicious movement before gunfire on his bunker. Read Also: Afzal Guru's Anniversary: Strike affects normal life in Kashmir Intelligence agencies sources said that the Pakistan based terror group Jaish-e-Mohammad is involved in the attack, and the attackers have come from the Punjab border. "The fire was retaliated to".

- The terrorists are holed up in one of the quarters inside the Sunjwan camp.

Army commandoes have cordoned off the area and even helicopters pressed into service to track down the exact location of terrorists. In a tweet, she said, "Deeply disturbed by the terrorist attack in #Sunjwan today".

"I watched a live video, one can see Army area from rooftops there (where Rohingyas and Bangladeshis live), there is drug mafia running in those areas".

"We have received information that the operation is going on. The number of militants isn't known", he said. Chief minister Mehbooba Mufti visited the military hospital in Satwari to meet the injured.

She also presided a high-level meeting to review the security situation in wake of the terror attack, where Northern Command chief Lt Gen. Devraj Anbu, apprised her of the attack and the operation.

Related news