Logan Paul may face 'further consequences' from YouTube

Logan Paul may face 'further consequences' from YouTube

Logan Paul may face 'further consequences' from YouTube

The latest incident involved prominent and polarising Youtube vlogger, Logan Paul posting a video which included footage of an apparent suicide victim in Japan. YouTube announced it's putting on hold original projects planned with Logan. Paul's channel is still active on YouTube meaning he'll still receive the same ad revenue that average YouTuber receive when users watch their content, he just won't receive the higher advertising rate that he received as part of the Preferred program.

InsideEdition.com's Leigh Scheps has more.

The suicide video was uploaded on December 31 and was eventually deleted late on January 1.

While YouTube admitted in its statement that it had "taken [them] a long time to respond" on the issue, the company did not divulge the reason behind the wait.

One theme I've heard when I talk to those people: This ultra-premium version of YouTube is likely to favor big, established media companies instead of the home-grown YouTube stars like Logan Paul. Paul will also not appear on the next season of the YouTube Red comedy "Foursome", where he had been a regular cast member. On Tuesday it published an "open letter to our community" on Twitter, which stated: "Suicide is not a joke, nor should it be a driving force for views".

This doesn't mean that Paul's YouTube channel is deleted from the streaming site, but these are huge repercussions he's rightfully facing.

In recent months, advertisers and others have complained about the unfiltered nature of some videos involving children and popular stars such as Logan Paul - the second round of such scrutiny in the past year.

"We expect more of the creators who build their community on YouTube, as we're sure you do too". Google says Paul violated its Community Guidelines by posting his tasteless video.

Logan Paul, who has more than 15 million subscribers on YouTube, later posted an apology on Twitter, saying he had been "misguided by shock and awe". "As we said recently, we are discussing and seeking feedback from our brand partners on ways to offer them even more assurances for what they buy in the upfronts". You're right to be. "You deserve to know what's going on", the video-sharing site said.

Paul issued an apology, stating that it was a first for him and he didn't do it for views as "I get views".

Related news