Tufts postpones event with Anthony Scaramucci after he threatens to sue student

Scaramucci, who graduated from Tufts University, was told the event would be postponed after his lawyer Samuel Lieberman sent a letter threatening legal action against a student who wrote two scathing op-ed's in the student newspaper.

On Tuesday, the Tufts Daily received a letter from a law firm representing Scaramucci demanding the school paper retract parts of an op-ed written by grad student Camilo Caballero and issue a public apology for "blatantly false and defamatory statements" or face legal consequences. Scaramucci eventually was appointed to White House communications director, only to flame out in days due to a rant that was deemed inappropriate and offensive, giving him the title of the shortest person to hold that role in history.

Tufts had postponed an event this week featuring Scaramucci after he threatened to file a lawsuit against a student and the school newspaper for a column criticizing him, the Globe reported.

Tufts University spokesman Patrick Collins said in a statement that the university is "disappointed" that Scaramucci has taken this course of action.

The letter, dated November 21 and written by an attorney for Scaramucci, said that the financier was "ready to take legal action" over the allegation, but would not do so if the paper retracted the claim of unethical acts and publicly apologized.

Since his glorious 10-day run as the White House communications director, Anthony Scaramucci has stayed busy, starting a centrist blog and also posting a unusual Holocaust poll. "You may have a difference of opinion from me politically which I respect but you can't make spurious claims about my reputation and integrity". The ACLU of MA says it has stepped in to advise the student and that it sees Scaramucci's threats as an attack on the free press. "And he uses this power as a scare tactic.to get people to not exercise their First Amendment rights", the 26-year-old Caballero told the Globe. "I was ready to come to the school", he said.

Succeeding 240 students and administrators signing an online petition, vociferating Scaramucci's eviction, the school declared that he had been requested to speak on campus.

Related news