Met Police investigate second allegation against Kevin Spacey

Met Police investigate second allegation against Kevin Spacey

Met Police investigate second allegation against Kevin Spacey

London's Metropolitan Police said it was examining an allegation of sexual assault against a man in 2005 in the Lambeth area of the city.

The name of the accuser is presently unknown - he is identified only as Victim 2. The suspect in that case has been widely named in British media as Spacey.

They added: "Officers from the Child Abuse and Sexual Offences Command are investigating".

Now, officials are looking into an incident that allegedly took place in 2005 in the same neighborhood - this time, at The Old Vic theater, where Spacey served as artistic director from 2004 to 2015. This new allegation was brought to the attention of Scotland Yard mere days after the Old Vic posted results from its own internal investigation, confirming 20 personal testimonies of alleged inappropriate behavior.

The former House of Cards star's reputation took a hammering last month (Oct17) after actor Anthony Rapp accused the Oscar victor of making inappropriate advances towards him when he was just 14, in 1986.

Spacey said he did "not remember the encounter" but offered "the sincerest apology" if it had taken place.

Kate Varah, the Old Vic's executive director, issued an apology on November 16 to the alleged victims. The Old Vic said a "cult of personality" around Spacey had discouraged people from speaking out.

The scandal has cost the embattled actor his role as controversial politician Frank Underwood on Netflix show House of Cards, and he has been edited out of Ridley Scott's new movie All the Money in the World.

In a statement released today, authorities said that another allegation had been made to them on Friday.

Related news