Students smelled something odd; then the hazmat team was called

Students smelled something odd; then the hazmat team was called

Students smelled something odd; then the hazmat team was called

A unusual smell caused a school in Baltimore to evacuate its students the afternoon of October 5. Understudies and educators didn't recognize what it was.

A few understudies and educators announced trouble breathing, Heiser said.

In response, Principal Walter Reap activated the school's emergency plan and evacuated everyone out of the building, according to the school's statement.

'It is not hazardous at all, ' Baltimore Fire Chief Roman Clark said.

While a pumpkin spice scent turned out to be the culprit, it was no laughing matter as two students and three adults went to the hospital for stomach issues.

A firefighter then discovered the source of the smell - an aerosol plug-in - while opening windows and installing fans.

There was no threat, Clark stated, however "It's better to be as careful as possible". An announcement presented on the school's site noticed that an instructor would be accessible to converse with understudies about the occasion.

Medics treated some staff and students on site, and five people were taken to nearby a hospital as a precautionary measure.

Panic over, classes resumed the next day.

"Let us, who are the experts, come in and make sure that everything is safe", Clark said.

The pumpkin spice craze has gradually increased over the years, with new creations cropping up every fall.

However, it might be time to admit that we have a pumpkin spice problem. A pumpkin spice air freshener.

Related news